Tuesday 11 August 2015

Reading Portfolio Sample

Description:  In reading we choose a goal at the start of the year Summarising or Questioning. I choose Summarising. We take two workshops a week about our goal, then when we aren't having a workshop we are doing task's based on our goal. We have to do three of these tasks and the two workshops in 4 days. The tasks are called tic tac toes.

Image:



Big Idea:

I read an article on  http://tinyurl.com/kiwikidsnews based on a bionic eye. After I read the article I had to write about what I thought. I worked with Loki on this tic tac toe. Here is my writing:

Ryan Flynn got the world's first bionic eye. He wears special glasses that have a little camera in them. It sends video images as electrical pulses to electrodes Implanted in the back of his eye. The main surgeon is Professor Paulo Stanga. I reckon this could fix blindness in the world but each bionic eye costs heaps of money. The other problem would be that it would take ages for the surgeons to complete the surgery.

Feedback/Feedforward: I really like the detail that you put in your description 
Next the you could make the task more interesting. #Jett Donald-Charnley

Evaluation: I reckon I did well at adding interesting bits into my summary. Next time I think I could do better at making the audience have a better understanding of what it was about.


1 comment:

  1. Jaiden, you have summarized this article well and I think you have raised a good point about it potentially curing blindness, but at what cost? Next time it would have been great to see you do one of your awesome summary videos like the other ones you have done for this piece.

    ReplyDelete