Sunday 22 March 2015

Position and Orientation (Geometry with Eb)

Description: We have been learning about Position and Orientation with Eb. It is a part of our learning about Geometry at maths time.

WALT: give and follow directions using, left, right, up, down, North, South, East and West



Questions:

1. What major landmarks can you see from the Plaza? The Bus Stop and Subway

2. What is the closest landmark North-West from McDonalds? City Library

3. What direction is the Arena from United Video? South-West

4. After the doctors I turn right down Victoria Ave and turn right at the round about. I travel South-West until the main road. Turn left. Follow road and stop at the 3rd right turn.Travel South-West and stop at the bottom corner of the square. What am I doing?...

a) Going Shopping        
b) Getting a Sandwich at Subway        
c) Getting a library book        
d) Hiring a DVD


5. Create your own instructions for someone to follow using the language you have learned.

From United Video go south until the main road and then turn South-East and take the third turn and then go to the end of the road and turn right and then turn left at the main road and go to the bottom of the road and where are you.

Evaluation: I think I need to make my directions more clear so my partner can get to where I want him to.

Feedback/Forward: I think that you did well on your geometry maybe you could add more of an image in my head. #Maraki

1 comment:

  1. Well done Jaiden. You have made the most of your opportunity to learn about position and orientation. All your responses are correct. Except I wonder if you could see round the corner to the bus stop from the plaza?

    Have you tried your instructions with anyone else. I can follow them until halfway through. Then I get a bit confused. Is there more detail you could give to make it a bit clearer int eh second part of your instructions?

    Great start Jaiden.

    ReplyDelete