Wednesday 10 June 2015

Maths Portfolio Task

Description: In maths we have been learning what strategy is the most afficient for each question. When we didn't have a workshop we had to practise our strategy's in our NZCM book. 


Image:








Big Idea: There were 4 questions and we had to show our working. If you are in Stage 6 you had to show 2+ Strategys, In Stage 5 you had to show 1+ Stategys and in Stage 4 you were only aloud to use to sertain strategys. I am in Stage 6
The Strategys that I used were:
- Rounding & Compensating
- Number Line
- Equal Additons
- Place Value Partitioning

Feedback/Feedforward: I think you could show what question you used the strategy on, but I think you did do well on using all the strategys. #Rileigh 

Evaluation: I think I am good at using the equal additions strategy because in this task when I had to get a certain answer, I always got the same answer when I used that strategy. Now I want to learn how to use the Reversibility Strategy because when I try to use it on a question I don't no what to do.


1 comment:

  1. Jaiden, you have shown clear working out for the problems and I can tell which strategy you have used which is great. Next time it would be great to see you add a bit more detail to your description and big idea to give your blog viewers a bit more information about how to do each strategy.

    ReplyDelete