Tuesday 9 June 2015

Writing Portfolio Sample

Description: My goal in Writing is Complex Sentences. We marked our writing at the start of the term with 3 different teachers. Each teacher had a different goal. The three different goals were Word Sentences and Ideas. We learnt what a complex sentence is. We are also trying to add more Complex Sentences into our writing. We watched this video clip Mouse For Sale and then we had to re-write The video.
Big Idea:

A Complex Sentence is a sentence that has a conjunction and a sentence next to it that can't stand on its own. Here is an e.g There was a pig walking down the street, with shades. My complex sentences are highlighted in Red

Image:
Feedback/Feedforward: You almost got perfect, you could make your story longer and put more complex sentences next time. #MARAKI

Evaluation: I think I did well at relating my story to the video. But I think next time I could add more complex sentences, so that I make my writing more interesting.


1 comment:

  1. Jaiden, you have used some complex sentences in this piece to some effect, However this story is rather brief and lacks the 'punch' that I know you are capable of adding to your story, that I observed last year. You have been reading Cherub, which is a well crafted and planned series, so why not try to use some of those skills in your own writing?

    ReplyDelete