Thursday 20 August 2015

Production (Wearable Arts)

Description: This term we are making a garment for our Production. We have to create the garment and use the Upcycling Materials. I chose the theme Heroes & Villians with Rebecca. I chose this because I was thought making a Hero or a Villian would be fun. The Purpose of the Production is around Ora which means life.

Image:

Image: 


So far I have painted my smock black & put scrunched up tin foil on it as part of my logo. I have created part of a rain stick and done 4 layers of paper mâché. Next time I am going to finish my logo. Do another layer for my paper mâché & make my rain stick longer and put rice in it and cover up the other side.







1) The materials that I used to create my garment were:

I used 1 balloon, millions of newspaper, skinny carboard, rice, duck tape, paint, tin foil, hot glue gun &  Foam Cylinders.

2) The most challenging thing about production for me was: 

waiting for my paint to dry so I can do more layers.

3) One way I demonstrated a growth mindset during production was:

Not giving up on my rain stick when I didn't like the sound of the 1st things I put in there.

4) Something I am really proud of about production was:

My mask because it took a very long time & u was getting frustrated, but now I'm glad I created it.

5) Our school vision is to create agency, creativity and excellence. I showed this by:

I showed excellence by doing more than 1 layer when I was painting. I showed agency by doing paper mâché layers in the morning before school so I could catch up what I had missed. I showed creativity by taking time and thinking about what I could do to improve it.

Feedback/Feedforward: you have done a brilliant garment but you could have done a better paint job on the smock. #Thomas b

Evaluation: I think I did well at per severing when things got tricky. Next time I could of used my time more wisely. 

1 comment:

  1. Jaiden, I love that you have continued to persevere with your outfit when things became challenging for you. Your mask is so fierce! It is great that you were committed to spending time outside of class time to ensure you stayed on track and created such an awesome garment. And to top it all off, you have a very special job to do on production night - what a well deserved honour! I can't wait until Monday!

    ReplyDelete